Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Colored Pencils


A couple years ago I bought a book called "Stamping in Color" and I fell in love! Dave Brethauer, the author and artist, is my hero. I learned some great techniques using colored pencils and I haven't stopped since. It still amazes me how a little shading and highlighting can enhance even the simplest image. I used colored pencils to color in the topiaries on this card. This isn't my greatest "masterpiece," but it does show how easy it is to enhance even a simple design.
Dave (I feel like I know him) also shows techniques with watercolors. I'm still working on that, but the effects are just beautiful. Sadly, this book is going out of print, but I hear that he will have a new book out soon. AND, he's coming to Angela's Happy Stamper in September! There may be a few spaces left so check it out now.. I'm just way too excited to actually meet him.
I almost forgot to mention that Dave is the owner and creative force behind Memory Box! I don't know anyone who can resist those crazy penguins and the paper packs are just to die for.
Have a beautiful day!
All images and papers by A Muse Artstamps.

No comments: